Community Center : Kid's Connection
Welcome to LUS Fiber's Kid's Connection - a family friendly section where parents and kids can browse safe and educational content.
Internet Safety For Kids
Safety Rules for the Internet
1. Never give out your name, home address, school name or phone number to anyone in a chat room or bulletin board.
2. Never send a picture of yourself to someone you chat with on the computer without your parent's permission.
3. Never write to someone who has made you feel uncomfortable or scared.
4. Do not meet someone or have them visit you without your parent's permission.
5. Tell your parents right away if you read anything on the Internet that makes you feel uncomfortable.
6. Remember that people online may not be who they say they are.
source: Internet Safety Tips from the FBI
Resources for Parents
A Parent's Guide to Internet Safety (from the Federal Bureau of Investigation)
Carencro High School Academy of Information Technology
Are you interested in learning more about technology as a career? The CHS Academy of Information Technology offers a curriculum concentration in information technology. Get details and learn how to apply at the program's website.